Rights & Responsibilities
Sterling MM shall have available on Sterling MM Web site information with regard to consumer rights and responsibilities. The information is also available in hard copy and is to be provided upon receipt of a request from a client and/or consumer. The information includes:
A. Consumer rights to:
- receive information about Sterling MM services, clinical guidelines, and consumers’ rights;
- be treated with respect and recognition of their dignity and need for privacy;
- voice complaints or file appeals about Sterling MM or the services provided;
- receive information about Sterling MM services in understandable language;
- easily access care.
- fair and equal treatment, regardless of their race, religion, gender, ethnicity, age, or disability; and
- receive information on the clinical guidelines used in connection with utilization management decisions.
B. Consumer responsibilities to:
- provide, to the extent possible, information that Sterling MM needs in order to perform utilization management functions; and
- assure that any such information is complete, accurate and current.